Wednesday, March 28, 2007

IMDB Makes No Sense


Because I'm shallow, I check my IMDB page everyday hoping to push my STARmeter up from 126,328 to 125,000. That way I can forward my status as the 125,000th most powerful person in Hollywood to everyone at my old high school who voted me most likely to become an alcoholic.

But what kills me is that for Beautiful Loser (number 23,685 with a bullet!) there are a bunch of movies listed list under: "If you enjoyed this title, our database also recommends..."
And these are the recommendations:


Something New: Kenya McQueen, a corporate lawyer finds love in the most unexpected place when she agrees to go on a blind date with Brian Kelly, a sexy and free-spirited landscaper.

Lord Love A Duck: A bright satirical comedy about an innocent high school girl granted her wishes by a student prodigy. A broad satire of teenage culture in the sixties, its targets ranging from progressive education to beach movies.

Steven: When young Steven and his fundamentalist christian parents show up to protest the local Gay Pride Parade, Steven decides that he may be playing for the wrong team.

And one I've actually seen called, The Squid In The Whale which is populated with the most unlikable group of characters I've seen in a movie in a long time.


Am I missing something?

3 Comments:

Blogger Snoopy said...

IMDB is confusing in so many ways. One of their newest features involving episode count has so many errors, it's basically useless at times.

The only movie from that list that I can make a slight connection to is "Lord Love A Duck," because it involves high school students and one of the settings is in a past decade.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Elvis Maximus said...

Note that you can add your own recommendations down near the "recommended titles" section on your IMDB page. So go to the "300" page or whatever is sizzling and add "Beautiful Loser" to the recommendations. By next week you'll have the hottest page at IMDB.

That tip will cost you 3% of gross ticket sales. How do I get you my Swiss bank account number?

6:23 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

If you think THAT'S weird, try figuring out the recommendations that Netflix gives you based on your previous rentals.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home