Monday, December 11, 2006

The Score


Our composer, James Covell, has composed a lovely theme for the film and most of reel one -- the first 20 minutes -- is scored. Watching the picture with score composed specifically for each scene caught me off guard as to how much it improves those scenes. Scenes I've long since tired of affect me again. And some scenes that I thought flopped suddenly have some life.

We had a temp score for the screenings that in spots I either liked very much or just happened to be the best we could find. But I had no idea it was so lacking until now. That doesn't mean the temp score was bad -- but it's not set to the mood and texture of each scene. This music is and the difference is striking.

There's no way to tell if the score will have as transformative effect on the entire film as it's had on particular scenes, but after long since tiring of watching the movie, I'll actually look forward to a screening after the score's done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home