Monday, June 18, 2007

It's Asthma


I've had a cough for two months now. And it's gotten worse. So, obviously I was sure I had but a few months to live. The dark cloud loomed, I was nicer to people than I normally am (not a high bar), and was trying to get in as much television as possible.
--
My wife made me go to the doctor. I'm not sure if that was because she was worried about me or because the hacking and self-pity got on her nerves. Man, I love self-pity. You don't do shit and can eat whatever you want. If they had a drug that gave you self-pity, I'd be buying it.
--
Well, it's asthma. The bronchitis gave me asthma. Canada gave me asthma. Friggin' Canada. Hopefully it won't last forever, but I got me an inhaler today. An inhaler. I have an inhaler now. And it certainly didn't surpise me that along with the inhaler came horn-rimmed glasses and a certificate for a free name change to Poindexter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

SNORT.

I mean . . . what a shame. I'm so terribly sorry.

:-)

9:30 AM  
Blogger kris1O said...

Hah. Hahah. You could totally make it work, you know. I knew a girl who used her inhaler to make her cool--she'd pass it around the gym locker rooms in seventh grade and let other people take puffs off it, telling people they could get high off it. Hahaha.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home