Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Wedding


My little brother got married Saturday. Hard to believe he's married. I call him my little brother from a place of affection, not to condescend. He drives a nicer car, has more hair, a real job, and a bigger house then me, who am I to condescend? It was a beautiful ceremony followed by a very relaxed and enjoyable reception. It was also a nice night out with my pretty wife. I actually danced -- if you want to call it that. I have a wide repertoire of three moves: The side to side, the dice throw, and the white man's overbite.

I've been married 18 years. 18 years. It's unbelievable that it's already been that long because it's gone so fast. That was three presidents and four Law and Order's ago. I'm gonna marry her again on our 2oth. If she'll have me. Better see if I can't get me a real job between now and then. Nothing beats having the person you're in love with also be in love with you. Five billion people in the world; what are the odds of that happening? Love's a bit of a miracle, no?

2 Comments:

Blogger TytianaCS said...

Congradulations to your brother and his new bride! God bless them both on their new life together!

You're not doing so bad yourself, Mr N. After 18 years and Mrs. N is still seen with you out on the dance floor with the 'dice throw' and the 'white man's overbite'(I'm afraid to even ask!), it's safe to say start planning for your upcoming vow renewals! LOL

But I did happen to love this little line: "Nothing beats having the person you're in love with also be in love with you."

It's a wonderful feeling.

Take care.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

That was really sweet.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home