Friday, January 12, 2007

January 12, 2007

That was the first time I wrote "2007." It didn't feel as odd as I expected. 2000 felt odd. 2001 real odd because of the movie. 2010 will feel also odd because of the movie. 2110 will feel the oddest because I will be the oldest person alive -- which I look forward to if I have my health and a working television.

So, how were your holidays? I know I'm late in asking but they did something to this site -- Google got involved -- and my password changed or some such thing and it took me 10 days to track down that password and reapply. But you don't really care, do you? And it's because you don't care that you don't have a trailer. Show me a little love and we'll see what can what be done about a trailer. But no promises.

If you're looking for an update on the movie, I have none. I probably should've mentioned that at the top of the post but you might've stopped reading and I want to be heard.

My holidays were terrific, thanks for asking. I spent them in my pajamas watching movies and eating cookies. And how is this different from any other day, you ask? My wife was home. See, she works full time while I eat cookies in my pajamas and watch movies. It's what you call, marrying up. Yeah, I get up at the crack of noon, and it only gets better from there.

So, the reason for this post is to answer some emails -- which, all kidding aside, I do enjoy receiving -- and hope you'll continue sending. I'm way behind and apologize but blame Google:


Brad writes:

Can't wait for the movie. I'm a big fan of Laura Breckenridge and was wondering what it was like to work with her and what she's doing now. Also, does she have a boyfriend?
Dear Brad,

Laura has a HUGE boyfriend with a mohawk who calls everyone BRUTHAH! As in YOU'RE DEAD, BRUTHAH! His name's Squirmy and we were all terrified of him. In the outtakes, we have footage of Squirmy killing an autograph seeker with a tree. Thank heaven TMZ wasn't there. Squirmy and I only got into it once, but I was able to outrun him. He probably could've caught me but he got winded yelling, THAT WASN'T IN THE SCRIPT, BRUTHAH!

The truth is, I don't answer personal questions. As far as what she's doing now, I wasn't surprised when doing my research for this question that IMDB reports she's working aplenty. Check it out. Laura was a total pro to work with -- juggling her full-time gig on Related and weekends with us -- she was probably exhausted but never let it show in either her good humor on the set or her marvelous performance. We were lucky to get her. No one could've played the role better.


Mindy writes -- Does Adam [Lamberg] have a girlfriend.

Dear Mindy,

No. Adam has a HUGE boyfriend with a mohawk who calls everyone BRUTHAH! As in YOU'RE DEAD, BRUTHAH! His name's Squirmy and we were all terrified of him. In the outtakes, we have footage of Squirmy killing an autograph seeker with a tree. Thank heaven TMZ wasn't there. Squirmy and I only got into it once, but I was able to outrun him. He probably could've caught me but he got winded yelling, THAT WASN'T IN THE SCRIPT, BRUTHAH!

Why all the personal questions? And why not ask me if I have a girlfriend? And why not throw me a bone? Where's the "can't wait to see the movie" opening schmooze? I know no one cares about the movie, but a little grease would be nice.

Mike writes - I've been a fan of Cynthia Gibb's forever and was happy to hear she's doing another movie. How big is her part? How did you cast her? What is she like? I've heard she's very nice and wish her a happy birthday. Her birthday was a few days ago.

Dear Mike,

1. Her part is one of the six leads.
2. We cast her... Actually, I don't remember how that happened. I think our casting director found her. Regardless, it was love at first sight, but it almost remained unrequited because we weren't able to find a high school age girl to play her as a teen. Fortunately, we did at the last minute, and Cynthia hit the ground running and took all the rushing in stride.
3. What's she like? She's cool as hell.
4. I'll pass on the happy birthday. But I'm only doing that because you didn't give off a creepy obsessed know-her-birthday vibe. Had you, you'd be dealing with her boyfriend Squirmy right now.
5. Are you Mike Testin, our DP? Cuz, his name is Mike also. Two Mikes? Not sure I'm buying the coincidence.
----

I have other emails, but my wife's due home soon and I have to pretend I'm looking for a job.

UPDATE: Good news. My wife won't be home till 3am. She's working a double, which is good because we need the money. Don't get me wrong, I don't like her having to work double shifts because now I have to get my own dinner and wait till 3 am for my back rub. But we have time for one more email before the pizza guy gets here.

Charles asks - I see that Deborah Foreman is in your movie. How did you get her to come out of retirement and could you tell me a little bit about her part?

Dear Charles,

Deborah and our Exec Producer have been friends going back to her "My Chauffeur" days. He had a poster of the film in his office and I commented on what a big fan I was and how cool would it be to have Deborah Foreman in the movie!? So, he called her and she liked the part and did it.

The part is that of a woman who had a relationship with our lead, played by Lenny Von Dohlen, who couldn't commit to her and really hurt her. It's two scenes, and they're heartbreaking. Debbie was terrific.

-----

There's the doorbell. Just hope there's something new on pay-per-view.

2 Comments:

Blogger E said...

Oh please, please, please can we have a trailer? This movie sounds so cool, but I'm scared I will never see even a frame of it.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Well, ALMOST straightened out -- it used the wrong name for me just now. Let's see if this one works correctly . . .

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home