Sunday, April 15, 2007

Letters From Montreal Part 1

Well, I'm up here in Montreal. Just arrived a few hours ago. Not at all what I expected. It looks like an old European city. An old communist European city. I keep waiting for the secret police to demand my papers. Which would be very cool.

I had to exchange money here. I got $1.07 for a $1.00. I can't figure out if that's a good thing or not. It's like daylight savings time: If we set the clocks back do we get more sleep or less?

There's nudie bars all over, and this is a nice part of town. At least I think it is. I'm at the Ritz Carlton -- which is also old and Eastern European looking. I keep waiting for the secret police to break into my room demanding my papers. Which would be very cool.

And I have papers. Actually I have two sets of papers in the form of two passports, because I spent Friday in the Federal Passport Office getting one and then came home to find the one I ordered 9 weeks ago in my mail box. And yes, it's already on the black market.

There are homeless people in Montreal. Who knew? My sociology professor said that was strictly an American problem. Anyway -- and this is no joke -- one homeless guy was holding a sign that said, "I Need To Smoke A Joint Right Now!!" Give him points for honesty. In L.A. they tell two lies in half the words: Will Work For Food.

Sorry, no pictures to post here. I'm on dial-up and they would take a month to download. We're leaving to have dinner in a few minutes and tomorrow the Sound Mix begins. I have no idea what a Sound Mix is but I'm doing one tomorrow and will hopefully know by the end of the day. Truth be told, if someone would simply demand my papers I'd consider the trip a success regardless of how this sound mix-thing turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home