Friday, February 02, 2007

Beautiful Loser News


I know, I know, you're thinking, "No, no, John, not BL news. More mindless ramblings..." Well, I hate to disappoint but I have news on the film. Maybe I'll do more mindless ramblings later.


The music is reaching the final stages. The score's very close and the songs are finally starting to get cleared. As of now, there's a possbility we'll be going to Canada in April to do the finishing lab work on the film. And that will be it. The film will be done. It will be on 35MM and ready for the big screen.


What happens after that will solely depend on people's reaction to the picture. The good news is that the picture could not be in any better hands than in those of our executive producer Steven Wolfe and that no one is more capable of getting it out there than he is. The most that can be done with the product he ends up with, will be.


The bad news is that I have to go to Canada. I'm not knocking Canada but I lived in Wisconsin for 27 years and the only difference between the two is that you can actually get medical attention in Wisconsin. Why Canada? I don't fish, hunt, drink beer, or wear flannel. I thought the movie business was supposed to be exotic and exciting -- and I get one shot at travel and it's Quebec, or Montreal, or Winnipeg or... wherever the hell it is ... as if there's a difference. Shit.

6 Comments:

Blogger Snoopy said...

We always welcome BL news. :)

Nice to see that progress is continuing on the film. I have nothing against Canada but I would hate to be up there at this time of the year. It's cold enough this winter in the southern U.S.

8:22 PM  
Blogger reedsolomon.matr1x at gmail.com said...

As a Canadian who has been to Wisconsin, a Winnipeger even, I'm actually insulted. Though it is a little chilly.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Mob said...

Ah, just think of all the places you'll get to take the film once it's finished.

Canada can't be that bad, can it?

8:18 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

My reaction to the film is good! Does that help?

Okay, I haven't actually seen it yet . . . but that doesn't matter TOO much, does it?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Music will always enhance any picure or movie. If you don't believe me think of a ballet without music. All you would have is a group of people leaping around on stage in a random fashion. With music you have a memorable, moving, emotive, creative and wonderful experience.

Of course, to get the right music is crucial. Again, think of a ballet, say Swan Lake, with the music to Carmen. It might be interesting but you would probably find it bizarre and just plain weird.

The right music can set up an audience from the opening credits. Think of Star Wars or Superman or Dr Zhivago or Deliverance, etc.

Good luck. I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Dave Andrews said...

As an extra in the film I can say that I'm eager to see it. My last "background" work before dropping background for "real acting" was The Holiday, which shot months later, but was already in the theaters, so since BL was the very first movie I ever did background work for, I'm looking forward to it. It was a lot of fun to work on. I met a lot of nice people.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home