Saturday, February 03, 2007

High Plains Drifter


Do you think Clint Eastwood is The Devil in High Plains Drifter? I think he might be. I know we're supposed to believe he's the murdered sheriff come back for revenge against the town and the killers they hired, but there's more at work there than just a ghost. We're told the murdered sheriff was an ethical man who after uncovering a crime the whole town was in on had to be killed because he couldn't be bribed. So, I don't think his ghost would come back and immediately rape some woman. No, that's The Devil come back to get that town. I'm pretty sure of it.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen that movie. In the Stone Age before cable and home video you could only see movies when they aired on one of your four channels and they used to play High Plains Drifter on the Sunday Night Movie all the time. That and Willy Wonka. Boy, it used to crease me when the stupid football game would run over into the Sunday Night Movie and then they'd cut into the movie after it had already started. Stupid football.

3 Comments:

Blogger hots4hobbits said...

Stupid Football. My sentiments exactly...haha

10:26 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Don't know the movie, but I looked it up. Intriguing theory.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Mob said...

I believe he is indeed the Devil, come to clean house.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home