Monday, April 23, 2007

Home Again

Got back from Montreal Saturday. The flight was three hours late. The high point was when the Captain got on the PA system to inform us we were running out of fuel. Not a good moment. But we stopped in Phoenix to fill up and then landed safely in Los Angeles.

Before leaving Montreal I saw the film for the first time with all the sound elements in place. It wasn't the revelation everyone said it would be, but it was helpful. It certainly helped it feel more like a movie than it did before. Sound does a lot. The guys who mixed the movie liked it. So, that's two.

I have to admit that for all my eagerness to move on, now that it's pretty much done I will miss working on it. Faced with the actual reality of being done is harder than I expected it to be. It's not that I don't want to let go of the film -- I do! I do! -- it's just that even when it was tough going I was constantly engaged and challenged, and that stimulation will be difficult to wean myself from. It also helps that the movie isn't an embarrassment. Had it been a disaster I doubt I'd be feeling so wistful. It's hard to feel wistful when you're under suicide watch.

So now I turn my attention towards the next project. I just got word from my wonderfully hard to please manager that except for a few tweaks he considers my romantic comedy finally ready to go. I have a lot of energy towards this story and after a year of writing it and a dozen drafts, the timing couldn't be better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Aargh, you tease. You've seen the whole movie and we've seen NOTHING! Not one second of it! Couldn't you maybe put just one scene online? Half a scene? Three lines? Anything?

9:50 AM  
Blogger TytianaCS said...

Congradulations on getting everything together and getting your 'ducks' in a row!!!!! But I can understand your sense of missing now that everything is said and done. I guess it's a waiting game now for the public to see you finished 'masterpiece'. Can't wait.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home