Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bl News


There's some rumblings. Not all I can share right now. (No, nothing about distribution... Yet.) But there's momentum and focus and a website coming soon.

I must say that after watching the film at the conclusion of the sound mix, I'm quite proud of it. It's a lovely little well-paced story with excellent performances, a strong ending, and a number of effective moments. It's eccentric, for sure, but that makes it unique; probably less attractive to mass audiences, but it will find a niche.

Know I wouldn't say I was proud of the film if it weren't true. I haven't said I was proud of it in the past. Because I wasn't. And while the sound elements (especially the score) were great additions they weren't going to make the story better. What made the difference there was a round of editorial changes we made a few months ago. Other than to work on the film, I hadn't watched the film since those changes and didn't expect them to have the effect they did. Imagine my surprise at suddenly having a film I was proud to have been a part of as opposed to the one I was feverishly working on for a year hoping to make it suck less.

It's the story I wanted to tell, the themes I wanted to explore, and the emotions I wanted to create. It's not a perfect or great film -- and the mistakes are mine -- but I look forward to people seeing it and whatever success it has completely going to my head; up to and including cocaine and adultery.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I'm glad there are rumblings! I was starting to think, "Didn't this guy make a movie once?" :-) I kid. But I have been hungry for news, so thanks for sharing!

11:58 AM  
Blogger kris1O said...

so. excited.

12:29 AM  
Blogger RedsterLA said...

Looking forward to the screening & seeing everything in its proper place -- 'twas fun working with you and IMHO (even from seeing it in its unmixed stage) it's a wonderful film. :)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home