Monday, May 14, 2007

This is Frustrating...


I don't have a lot of contacts in the industry. Certainly, not enough to always be sure a script of mine gets in the right hands. I've written a lot of bad scripts that shouldn't go anywhere but what's frustrating is that I wrote a good one a few years ago that just needed the right buyer.

Logline is king out here. If you have a good concept like Ghostbusters or Spider-Man or Saw you'll sell the script. Even if it's not good, the concept is good enough someone will still buy it and then have it rewritten. But you have to have access to the right people to pitch it to and I don't know anyone who makes horror films.

A few years ago I came up with a terrific concept for a horror/thriller: A movie about a killer who makes the worst fears of his victims come true. I mean, that's a money concept. It's intriguing, scary, and in a single sentence you know what the movie's about and want to see it. (Assuming horror is your bag) Now, it's been a while since I've looked at the script, but I remember it as being pretty good. Not perfect, but a rewrite away. Good enough I've been waiting to meet someone who could help as my circle of contacts increase. Well, today I ran across... This.

And all I can say is, shit... Shit. Shit. Shit.

And I knew this could happen. It was too juicy of an idea for it not to get used. I was just hoping it would be by me. And my plot is NOTHING like that one which sounds like Basic Instinct Without Hot Lesbians. But the concept is gone. Shit.

UPDATE: Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home