Monday, February 05, 2007

Rick Moranis



Don't you miss Rick Moranis? I do. I heard he lost his wife in the early nineties and quit films to take care of his kids. That doesn't surprise me, he seems like a very decent down to earth man. But I do miss his presence in films. Him and John Candy.
They did Spaceballs together, remember? And they were the only funny things in it. My favorite Moranis film is either My Blue Heaven or Parenthood. My favorite John Candy film is Planes Trains and Automobiles. But that's really more of a Steve Martin movie, isn't it? My favorite pure John Candy movie is Summer Rental, a very underrated little family comedy I watch every time it's on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Snoopy said...

I hadn't heard about his wife and such.

I loved his movies though! :)

4:31 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Hey, no dissing "Spaceballs"!! Though Rick Moranis WAS the funniest part. :-) He does sound like a good guy. Gene Kelly did much the same thing, though I believe later in life. Always nice to hear stories about the decent, down-to-earth celebrities; we get too much of the other kind usually.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Dave Andrews said...

Spaceballs was full of stupid humor, but I LOVE stupid humor!

As for John Candy films, I really liked Cool Runnings.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home