Saturday, June 30, 2007

And Now For Some Good News...

First off, thank you everyone for your kind words and e-mails regarding the TB. I prefer cash, but whatever... Please understand that as long as it's not terminal I'm really okay with it and am already milking it for all it's worth.

"Honey can you take out the garbage?"

"Yeah, I think I can do that with the TB."

So... The good news: I optioned a script yesterday. For the first time in two years I finally optioned another script. The up front money stinks, but it's a serious mid-level production company whose next film is White Jazz with George Clooney and we finalized the deal yesterday. They were stingy, but hot to get it. I got the sense actor reps were waiting to read it. All very exciting...

Out of seven, this is the only script I've written with a female protagonist. Maybe I should do more of those. By far the best female character I ever created is in my worst script. Her name is Penny. She's fifteen and certain that whoever you are when you're sixteen is who you will be forever -- and so she tries to perfect herself in the few remaining months she has left.

I love Penny. Just wish I could find a better story for her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Congratulations on the sale! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

I've noticed that occasionally the best characters come out of the worst shows or movies. Odd, isn't it? However, I wouldn't be surprised if your description of that particular screenplay turned out to be over-modesty. :-)

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home