Saturday, March 22, 2008

Festival Screening

Hello everyone. Sorry, it's been so long since I last posted, but there was nothing to say until now.

Finally, some good news. Beautiful Loser will have it's premiere screening at the Philadelphia Film Festival -- Friday, April 11th at the Ritz Theatre 2.

I'll be there along with the producers. Anyone in the area interested in attending can check out the festival here: http://www.phillyfests.com/pff/home.cfm -- on the right column there's a prompt which allows you to download the festival guide. We're on page 76.

Here's the write-up, which I think is an excellent plot summation of the film -- better than anything I've written.

In this fresh indie, three high school friends, flush with the promise of first love, each make a decision that sets the course for the rest of their lives -- decisions that will come back to haunt them 20 years later.

Secrets and decisions of the past haunt the lives of a well-drawn cast of characters in this drama that introduces us to a group of high school buddies before moving the action forward to reveal the characters two decades later. Reggie (Adam Lamberg) is the wild card of this group of friends. Perpetually single and lacking ambition, he is prone to making inappropriate comments to girls. When the object of his affection breaks up with her bad-boyfriend, Reggie clumsily asks for a date. Things almost happen, but not quite, and the promise of a kiss still haunts Reggie (Lenny Von Dohlen) 20 years later. On the other hand, Diego (Giancarlo Carmona) and Bonnie (Caker Folley), dated all through high school. But when Diego went to Mexico to help his family, Bonnie (Cynthia Gibb ) lost whatever faith she had in men. Now she's a tough lawyer with a young son and a husband she can't trust (John Schneider of Smallville.) when Diego (Eddie Velez ) returns and unexpected emotions surface. Finally, Morgan and Dennice were high school sweethearts who married as teens and are still happy together, but secrets suddenly overwhelm them. Tender moments and crisp storytelling make this indie a worthy festival offering . . Scott Cranin
If anyone has any question about the festival, or would like to send me money, my email address is: jjmnolte@hotmail.com.

There will also be another Los Angeles are screening sometime in April. I will let you know when that date firms.

I note that even though it's been 6-months since I last posted, this site is still generating an average of 7 hits a day. I don't know who you seven are, but I do admire the perserverence.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Even though I'm not around the Philadelphia area (five hours away), I will SO be there.

Finally...it's ALMOST HERE!!! *insert fangirl screaming here*

3:50 PM  
Blogger Jay Dee said...

So eager to watch your movie, but, won't you show it in other countries? I'm living in Australia and I really really really wanna watch it =(

11:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd sure love to go to the next screening in Los Angeles (aka where I live) since I missed the Hollywood preview. Glad things are running smoothly.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home