Tuesday, April 22, 2008

UPDATE: Festival Screening

Sorry it's taken so long to update this. My intent was to do so earlier but I forgot my password and username ... again. Then, SUDDENLY it came to me in a flash and so here we are.

The screening went very well. Of 200 films, ours was one of about 20 to sell out and one of the fastest to sell out. The festival directors said that had they programmed it sooner they would've added a screening or two.

The screening itself was most encouraging. A survey was taken afterwards and the film scored very well. 3/4's of the audience liked, and or loved it. There were a number of people very moved. A few women sitting near me were crying when the lights came up.

I was nervous going into the screening -- especially at such a big city festival -- that it would die. It didn't. I'm happy. The producers are happy. The festival directors are happy, and want to help us get it programmed elsewhere.

This festival experience was my first and an awful lot of fun. It was nice to hang out with the producers again, Steven and Scott, and the festival directors took very good care of us; taking us everywhere -- clubs, restaurants, making sure we had a ride wherever we needed. It was first class all the way. It was also exhausting. Some people live that life -- I prefer the visit.

I had most of Saturday afternoon to myself and used the opportunity to play tourist in Philly: I saw the Liberty Bell, Continental Congress, the Betsy Ross house, etc... I love all that corny stuff. To see where this great country of ours began was pretty amazing. To walk where those great men walked, equally so.

5 Comments:

Blogger -S said...

Yay! This makes me so happy. Congrats John! -Sarah Q, your loyal coordinator

1:28 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

quick question, i saw one some places that beautiful loser is coming out later this year. is there an exact date planned for it to hit theatres?

7:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey I'm really looking forward to the movie, when does it come out in theatres, or when and where are some of the screenings?

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really good! I really hope everything works right and the film will be in theaters soon!! I want to watch it so bad!!!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey John! Congrats on the festival! That is great. What else have you been up to? Are you still in L.A.? I tried emailing you and calling you but never heard back. Email me your new contact info at rd8163@aol.com. Thanks!

All the best,
Noah, your loyal A.D.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home